Cookies are small files or parts of a file stored on an internet user’s computer/mobile terminal, formed of letters and numbers stored by the browser for purposes of a better navigation experience. These files enable websites to save and retain relevant user preferences information and may contain personal data (such as navigation history, user ID, custom preferences).
A cookie has two elements: name and content. The lifespan of a cookie is fixed and technically speaking, only the web server that has sent the cookie can access it again once the user returns to the website associated to the respective web server.
Cookies cannot be used to spread malware or to run software programmes. When a user accesses a website, a cookie is sent to your internet browser and stored on your hard disk. Cookies can be disabled from the browser settings.
Cookies help us provide you with a better navigation experience on our website. When a user accesses www.recognos.com, we store data such as: IP address, visited pages, how you landed on our website, data contained in cookies and other technical data, which is used exclusively for the following purposes:
- To analyse traffic and traffic sources to our website, using analytics services aimed at improving our services and managing the brand/marketing strategy to reach clients more easily.
- To monitor access in order to maintain security of the website and to detect potentially dangerous activity on our website.
- All such data is statistical and anonymized.
- Cookies list (list here the cookies identified in the website security assessment form)
- We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) http://www.google.com/analytics/ to analyse visitors’ use of and interaction with our web pages, their navigation options and then we anonymize the analysed features.
If you do not agree to the use of cookie modules, you can disable cookies from your browser settings.
The steps for the most popular browsers are:
- if you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0: click on “Tools” in the browser’s top corner or select “Internet Options” and then click on “Privacy”. Select the preferred settings and then click “Apply” and “Accept/OK”;
- if you use Mozilla Firefox: select “Options” in the browser’s menu then go to “Privacy”. In the displayed menu choose “Custom Settings for History”. Select the preferred settings and then click “Apply” and “Accept/OK”;
- if you use Google Chrome: Go to the Chrome menu located in the top right corner, choose and click “Settings”. Select the preferred settings and then click “OK”;
- if you use Safari: select “Preferences” then “Privacy” in the respective panel, then select the preferred settings and click “OK”.
For information related to the processing of personal data by Recognos go to Terms and Conditions.